Friday, October 7, 2011


I have been following Choco's thread on Polycount about using Worldmachine to process erosion on terrain meshes so I figured I would give it a try! It was surprisingly easy to get up and running with the software.

I started with a base mesh from 3ds Max then brought it into zbrush to sculpt the basic terrain layout. I exported a height map from Zbrush and used that as a base in Worldmachine. I processed the mesh in Worldmachine with erosion and added a color overlay macro. After a little tweaking I had a mesh I was happy with so I exported out a series of passes including a mesh that I brought back into zbrush for more detail work. The final texture was composited in Photoshop using a combination of photos, renders, and maps from Worldmachine.

The next step is to bring this into UDK and set up a multi material shader for some detail diffuse textures and add in some sculpted rocks. More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment